Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday

Well. It's Thursday again.

This week has been a whirlwind.
Let's recap shall we?

This weekend we were out of town.
Monday- Heart day, complete with dinner, chocolate covered strawberries and a tiny glass of champagne.

Tuesday- Left over Valentine's Day cake for breakfast (because that's how the Jones' roll on Tuesday mornings) then, H met me in Hattiesburg for the Symphony and dinner.

Wednesday- H left me. He's gone to Hot-Atlanta and left Oscar to be the man of the house. I was tempted to pour the left over champagne in my Cheerios for dinner. For your information, I did not. I poured it in Oscar's dog bowl. (just kidding.)I have a confession. I skipped church tonight. I really didn't want to show up to our marriage class without the other half of my marriage. I mean, what's the good of only 1 of us learning?

Thursday- Day 2 of my nights to catch up on Tivo without being interrupted by a hubby who doesn't understand why I need to watch old episodes of Sex and the City and Grey's.

Friday- we are dining with our neighbors. I get to eat dinner with the most presh 2.5 year old ever. I get to hear her call me Egg....and melt my heart. I will be taking a Martha Stewart chocolate cake with shaved chocolate and a chocolate glaze on top. I will be adding strawberries and blueberries on top and serve it with a whipped cream.

That Martha! She can make the chocolate cakes now.

However, she loves the eggs. One of her recipes that I was going to make calls for 9 eggs! That is a chicken's whole day wrapped up in a chocolate pound cake. That's a chicken family for crying out loud. And that's the sole reason that I didn't make that cake.

I boycotted it for the chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment