Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thoughts for Thursday.......

Here we are again.

1. It's been a busy week for the Jones'. I had a couple of work functions....so I stayed in Hattiesburg with Hannie. H and Oscar held the fort down. Although H says that Oscar didn't sleep in the big bed with him, I know otherwise. I know Oscar Mayer the Wienie Dog hair when I see it. Oscar slept in my place. Comforting to know that I am so easily replaced.

2. Last night H cooked dinner. I use the word cooked lightly here. He opened the freezer, pulled pizza out of the box, placed in oven, fell asleep on the couch while I was in the tub, and burnt dinner. Oscar didn't mind it too much. He ate my piece and didn't know any different. It's good to know that H needs me just as much as I need him.

3. H's golf cart was delivered on Saturday. I have 38 pictures to prove it. 37 of them include Lil' Buddy. I will have to upload them later. My memory card is in the camera, on the dining room table, and I'm on the couch. I'm not getting up. Believe me.....Oscar loves it. He laid on it from 10:30 to noon.

4. My mind is going blank. I'm hitting my wall. I need to sleep until about 9am tomorrow. But you know what. I'm not. I'm going to wake up at 5:30am so I can Bring Home the Bacon.

5. We let go of some of the proverbial bacon this week when we booked our CRUISE! Yep! We are cruising with some of our friends in May to Cozumel. Meg-O is one happy guurrl. This all happened really quickly. Very quickly. H and I chatted about our cruise last Thursday, asked our friends to join us over the weekend and pretty much said tell us now, and we all booked on Tuesday. DONE.

I suggested for us to go to New York. H said that would not be a vacay for him due to the fact I would drag him around the city and he would be forced to sit through multiple shows. He suggested a cruise and somehow talked me into it. I tend to cave into peer pressure (when tropical vacay's are involved). I said yes....but, I had 2 requests. Request #1: friends must go with us (I've always heard people who have cruised say that it's better to take friends), request #2: I wanted a room with a balcony so I can literally prop my feet up and watch the waves go by. H granted my wishes. And I am P-U-M-P-E-D! You don't even know. It can't be measured. I have already started downloading new songs on my ipod to listen to while I watch the waves go by.

I will leave you with this pic of Lil' Buddy that we took back in February when we visited MSU.



Big Man on Campus. Bless his little heart. He wants to be a bulldog.

2 comments:

  1. Our husbands- my dog sleeps in his pen every night. I have suggested maybe we should start letting him sleep out of his pen at night if he wants since he has proven to be a good dog. No we can't do that. Then after going away for one night, Justin lets it slip that Ty ALWAYS gets to sleep in the bed when I'm not home! No wonder Ty likes Justin better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are the same way!! H will give Oscar a "taste" of whatever we are eating. Can you imagine our hubby's with kids?? They will always be the good cop!

    ReplyDelete