Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yes- I'm still alive!

Hello readers.

I'm here.

I've just been busy potty training a little wienie dog. And, trying to keep Oscar from stealing Coop's treats. It's a daunting task.

So- much has happened since I last typed out a blog post.

1. Valentine's Day.

It's a funny thing that happened at the Jones household on Heart Night.
I had a LARGE work event that pretty much sucked the life out of me that day. Plus, I was coming down with my first head-cold of the year.
You must know I love my man. I love how he likes to keep things simple and easy. However, there are times he needs a gentle nudge in the right direction. Nudge as in email him an internet link where all he has to do is hit purchase.

 I did this for Heart Day.

I gave him a gentle nudge that was a link to the Broadway show WICKED in Birmingham. Home boy bought them. 2 points for H.

Valentine's night......by the time I came home from work.....I was a hot mess! I had taken off my make-up in the car with baby wipes (yes- I keep baby wipes in my car without having a child to use them on), and I walked in the door barefoot because my high heels had pretty much given me a permanant arch in my feet (plus, I'll admit, I like to drive barefoot if possible).

One look in H's big brown eyes indicated that I would not be eating the dinner that he was about to prepare.

Pork Tenderloin on the grill, roasted asparagus and potatoes au gratin.
I felt bad- literally and for him.
He poured me a glass of vino- and off to the tub I went. Afterwards, I was asleep by 7pm.
Snoring by 7:03pm.
H ate a box pizza. With the doggies hassling him for pepperoni.

We celebrated the next night.

2. We watched WICKED. It was FAB! It did not disappoint in the slightest. I was so excited that I downloaded part of the sound track so I could sing along with performers! Afterwards, we enjoyed great dinner where I got to look into H's big brown eyes for 2 hours. Meanwhile, Coop stayed at Cousin Carrie's house and had a blast! She wore him and he slept through the night for 2 nights after his visit!

3. Cooper has separation anxiety and loves anything that big brother does. Cooper wants to sleep in Oscar's bed and will bark and sit on Oscar until he moves.

4. Today, I took some great pics of the little boys! Once edited, they will show up here!

5. Oh, and one of my besties birthed a baby! Congrats to Abigail and Justin and the sweetest little boy in North Mississippi.......baby Elliott!!

No comments:

Post a Comment