Friday, June 6, 2014

OMG! There's chicken.

So, I found a new recipe on Pinterest.

This is what our generation does. We find recipes on the epicenter of the internet.

I read the ingredient list, realized that I had everything and started whipping it up.

On Pinterest, the name is OMG! Chicken. I however, wanted to rename it. I can imagine conversations taking place like this on the phone:

RING RING

Friend of Meg: Hey, what are you doing?

Meg: Oh, just cooking up dinner.

Friend of Meg: What are you cooking?

Meg: OMG! Chicken

Friend of Meg: Really! Where? Your yard?

Meg: No, I'm cooking OMG! Chicken

Friend of Meg: Wait. You have chickens in your yard? Are you at home?

So, to avoid any confusion, I'm now renaming my version of this recipe: Parmesan Chicken.

Riveting name.....I know.

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
4 ounces of sour cream (this is half of a small container)
1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
breadcrumbs ( 3 big pinches)
desired spices


Directions:
-Mix the sour cream, parmesan cheese and spices together. I used Tony's, pepper, dried onions and italian seasoning. You can add whatever you have in the cabinet or your heart's desire. This will make a paste.

-Next, apply your "paste" on the top of your chicken. Spread it out like butta'.



-Then, sprinkle your breadcrumbs on top and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.






Ya'll. I'm not gonna lie......this was good. I'll add this into the rotation of my meals.

If you wanna clean eat this, use organic chicken, whole wheat bread crumbs, freshly grated parmesan cheese and you can **probably** get by with the sour cream. The sour cream that I bought only had 1 ingredient......cream.


At the end of this meal, you will probably say: OMG! Chicken! 


***Please don't think I stole the photos from another blog. We use to be "Keeping Up with the Jones'. Now, we are obviously 'Meg the Mama.***


No comments:

Post a Comment