Monday, July 20, 2015

Stay at Home Mom: Week 1


Week 1.

Just me, Jax and Oscar (and the feral cats in our neighborhood that both Oscar and Jax hate). 

So- with all of the free time that I have on my hands now ( just a little stay-at-home-mom humor), I decided to take the first bite of this elephant. 

I made a list. In the process of making my list, I decided to make some brownies. Mama needed chocolate. 

To shake it up a bit, and maximize my morning coffee, I decided to pour it in my brownie mix.
This ensures that I won't be sharing brownies with Jax. And, what's a mama to do with the coffee that her child won't let her drink?!?





Ingredients: (1) 13x9 Brownie Mix
(1) K-Cup of Coffee- I tested Community Coffee, Breakast Blend
(1) cap full of vanilla extract (omitted from the pic because it was a last minute addition)
(1/2) cup of pecans for a topping
(2) eggs

I made the mix according to the directions on the back of the box. However, instead of 1/4 cup of water, I used 1/4 cup of coffee. To make the most of my Community Coffee, I brewed it on the smaller cup setting of my Keurig. 



I'm gonna be honest here. Normally, I don't gravitate to a brownie. However, these were amaze! The pecans were a great addition. The coffee was a great touch that wasn't over powering. Even if you are not a big coffee drinker, you would still probably like these. 

If you are wanting to experiment with cooking with coffee, I suggest starting off with a basic brew. There's no need to go all fancy just yet. Community Coffee Breakfast Blend is where it's at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment