Monday, August 10, 2015

Mixed Berry Cobbler



Cobbler.

 It's a delicacy in the South. 

It's the last course on the table on a lot of Sunday lunches. 

It must be served with ice cream. 

You can even eat it the next morning for breakfast due to it having so much fruit in it. Right?!?

I sorta think of cobbler like I do Taco Soup: there's a million ways to make it, but it will always taste great! 

One of my favorite neighbors recently moved away and shared these peaches so she didn't have to take them in the move. I mean, you know it's gonna taste good when the peaches start off in a ziplock bag! 


Ingredients

1 1/4 cup of blueberries
1 stick of butta'
cap full of vanilla 
1 cup of suga'
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2- quart bags of peaches

Melt the butta' in your 13x9 baking dish. 



Don't make fun of the food ring inside my baking dish. It's my absolute favorite and I use it at least once a week. It's an Emile Henry and it's great! One day if I can peal myself off of the couch from 'watching Grey's Anatomy and eating bonbons'......I may actually try to scrub off the ring around the edge. 

Back to the recipe: 
Mix the flour, milk, baking powder, suga' and vanilla. Afterwards, pour it over the melted butta'. 

Lastly- pour your fruit over the mixture. 



Save some blueberries to munch on while you bake the cobbler at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Because I was so busy eating the cobbler, I forgot to take a final pic. AND THAT is why I don't consider myself a 'professional' blogger. The best of foods distract me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment