Monday, January 11, 2016

Thoughts for Thursday.

Can you believe that one of my New Year's Resolutions was to blog everyday! Bahaha! THAT is comical. However, I'm nailing my bacon cheeseburger diet! 

There are so many things to catch you up on. 

1. My child is trying to potty train himself. Part of me is extremely excited. The other part makes me wanna bop him on the head and make him walk around with an encyclopedia on his head to keep him from growing up. He has successfully used the potty 3 times in 1 week.  While I'm excited that he is using the potty, he hasn't saved me any diapers yet. 

I don't know why, but I have been so emotional with him lately. He is so funny and knows like 100 words! He repeats EVERYTHING! Oh, and he is drinking out of a cup! This is just too much for my fragile heart. The boy is confused with a straw but loves to sip out of a cup. 

H had a business trip last week and I allowed Jax to stay up until 9:30 pm on the night H returned home. Jax and I were laying in our bed when H walked in the room. The pure excitement on Jax's sweet chubby face was too much for me to handle so I just started crying. You would have thought H had been gone a year instead of a few days. Jax hugged him and patted on H's side of the bed for H to come join us in bed! Again......I was a mess! Jax held both of our hands and made us do a group hug. That was his little opportunity to ask for a pony or 4-wheeler or another dog. Although I would have said no to the dog (I mean, we do have a fenced in back yard for a pony), the kid knows how to work us. 

2. I held the sweetest little baby on Monday......and I felt nothing. Of course, I love sweet baby Rhett and his mama.....but, my heart and mind didn't match up and make me yearn for another baby. 

3. I'm sleep training Jax all over again. His schedule has been shot due to Granna and Pops Camp, then Christmas break, then New Years and then the weekend. Don't get me wrong, he still sleeps through the night, but he wants to go to bed at 10 pm instead of his normal 7:30 pm. Last night, we threw him in his crib at 7:30ish and the monkey woke up at 6am. He hasn't done that in MONTHS. He normally sleeps until 7:30. So, when he woke up before the sun was out, I did what most mamas do.......I put him in the warm bed with me! We "slept" for another hour and then I woke up to the little monkey giving me eskimo kisses on my nose. Then, he started identifying my: EEEYYEEESSS......NOOOOOOSSSSSEEE..........MOUF..............TEEFFF.....HAAAAIRR...EAAARRSS. 
And again, because I'm emotional right now, I cried. I would rather wake up to someone identifying my face than to an empty  and quiet house. 

4. I started a business with a dear friend. We are the proud and TIRED owners of Magnolia Monogramming. 


We have talked about this idea for a little over a year and we FINALLY pulled the trigger....or needle to be exact. We have put in so much time within our first week! I have been so tired that I literally prayed about my exhaustion. Be careful what you ask for with the Lard. Currently, it's 11pm and I'm blogging with no sign of tiredness. 

If you need super cute monogrammed items, go "like" us on Facebook and Instagram. Our Etsy page is under construction......due to priorities like Downton Abby. 

I'm now altering my resolutions. 

I just need to blog once a week. That sounds more doable. I don't want to overachieve or anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment