Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pulled Pork Sammies


Saturday as we were cheering the Bulldogs on to their VICTORY against Troy, our dinner consisted of Pulled Pork Sandwiches. And they were delish. 

Ingredients:
5lb. pork shoulder (don't be afraid to ask the butcher to cut what you need)
a couple of dashes of liquid smoke
3-liberal pinches of salt
a generous coating of Tony's seasoning
half of a sliced onion
1 cup of chicken or beef broth
bbq sauce




1. Drop the meat in the crock-pot, add your seasonings, add your onions and pour in your broth (I make my own chicken broth).

2. Turn the crock-pot on high for 5-6 hours. Don't open the lid no matter how tempting it is.

3. When the timer goes off, remove the meat and transfer to a large cookie sheet and start shredding.

4. If your heart desires, you can add the meat back to the crockpot and the juices until it's closer to serving time.

5. When you're ready to serve, drain and pat dry the pulled pork......THEN, add the BBQ.

6. Serve, eat, enjoy and cheer on the Bulldogs.

Tips and Tricks:
- Your pork shoulder will have a bone in it. It's ok if you let your wienie dogs chew on it for a bit.
- I do not have any after photos of the pulled pork. I was too busy eating bake beans, potato salad and brownies to take an after photo.
- In order for your pork to be it's best, you must serve it on a MSU platter.
- I found it easier to cut the meat in large pieces then shred with my fingers or 2 forks.
-Add as much or little BBQ sauce that you want. If you are feeling froggy, you can even add coleslaw on top.
-I served these sammies on whole wheat buns

AND.....as a bloggy bonus, I'll share my friend's Kasia's recipe on boiled peanuts. I made these peanuts starting on Friday night (they take 20 hours to cook) and took them to our tailgate party! They are super easy and super good!! Boiled Peanuts Recipe HERE! 


No comments:

Post a Comment