Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap.

If you ever want to make plans just to watch them change.......have a baby. 

A baby changes everything. 

99% of the change is good. 
But, there is always that 1% that will kill 'ya. 

Let's start our recap on Monday shall we?

Monday am: 8am, Jax is being tested for the flu. 
Remainder of the day: pajama day. 

Tuesday: Jax is still sick. Another pajama day. 

Wednesday: Mama was climbing the walls and left the boys to another pajama day while she met up with Granna to Christmas shop. 

Wednesday night: it's time to start cooking. 

My little chef loves to help me "cooookk." 

Thursday am: I had imagined cooking a breakfast casserole for my boys and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. 

Instead, my little buddy was still running fever and tag team parenting commenced. 

It took 2 hours to load the car because Jax thought it was Monday or Tuesday again and he wanted me to sit on the couch with him and watch a "moo bee." Meanwhile, the corn casserole in the oven is now dry. 

Once the car was loaded and everyone was buckled up.......click.click.click. The car battery is dead. 

Apparently, leaving the back hatch of your car open for 2 hours will drain your battery. 

After a trip to Walmart for a new battery, we were on our way. 

Due to fever and hunger and who knows what else, sweet Jax cried half of the way to Birmingham. 

However, our day turned around. By 8:45 pm, everyone was showered and laying in bed watching Paw Patrol. By 9pm, the lights were out and we all slept until 7:30am!

Friday was a new and better day. 

Even on the down right terrible days, I'm thankful for them. 
I love my people. 
I realize that my terrible days are still better than someone else's terrible day.....and that puts things in perspective. 

Because H and I were both in terrible moods on our way to Bham, and because we both needed attitude adjustments, we had to talk about putting our "bad day" in perspective. 

1. Our car battery died......not a family member. 
2. Our child has flu symptoms......but, he's not in the hospital. 
3. In order for you car battery to die......it means you actually have a car. 


Sometimes in the midst of the storm of the day, we need to step back and put it in perspective. So, I held my man's hand all the way to Tuscaloosa and I sat with Jax some in the backseat so I could hold his hand and "play." 

And because Jax slept until 7:30 am on Black Friday, we treated him to stack of "pan pakes" at Ihop along with his first glass of chocolate milk. I swear my child looked at me like "woman, why haven't I had this sooner!" I felt the same way when I took my first bite of Haverie cheese. WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THIS CHEESE?!?!

I digress with the cheese. 

But, just know, I'm thankful. And grateful. And undeserving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment