Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday.....

Well hello. We meet again.

• Our little life is possibly slowing down. Amen. It seems like we have been on the train that Denzel Washington’s new movie is about. That’s been our life. However, we are sslllooowwwiingg down.

• This past weekend we traveled to B-ham to hang out with H’s fam. While H and his parentals watched Bama, I emptied the college savings of our first born. However, I am 90% finished with Christmas!! THANK YOU L-A-R-D! As you know, it’s my goal to be finished by Thanksgiving (Like I did last year). But, the only problem now is…..I’m out of Christmas money. Didn’t see that one coming . This year, our Christmas list has been cut throat. I’ve already scratched 2 people off. It stinks…..but, we tend to overdue/buy. Next year, it’s going to be even tougher. It’s my fault because I’m weird. I like to buy gifts in multiples of 3. So, take our LONG Christmas list and multiply it by 3. Again, our first child better be a genius!

• Last night I informed H that I want to put up our Christmas tree on Black Friday. He informed me that he wants to buy a tv that day and that a Christmas tree isn’t in the plan for him. Ummm…..buddy. I spent ALL of our allocated Christmas money. Which means there’s no tv money. Also, I didn’t even want to put up a Christmas tree this year. But, H pretty much said that I wouldn’t get any Christmas gifts unless I put up a tree. That last sentence makes it sound like H is a slave driver. That’s not true. I generally am. Our Christmas decorating usually goes something like this:

I put the tree together and string the lights. Later that night, I make hot coco, put on some Christmas music and we decorate the tree together. Per my specifications. And H’s eyes bleed. Joyous times had by all.

• I really don’t know where this post is going. I am rambling because I woke up at 6:30am and stared at the ceiling until 7am. The night before, I woke up at 2:30am just to eat a piece of watermelon. On the couch. In the dark.

• Last night we watch 2 solid hours of Law and Order. Ice-T totally rocks his detective role.

• Currently, H and I are debating if we are going to the MSU/Bama game. Normally, this would be a no brainer, but H is scheduled to play in a golf tourney on Saturday. This tourney required a few new clubs, golf bag and covers for clubs. Money wasted invested. Plus, this is an opportunity to just stay at home and sit. We are ALWAYS on the go and I jump at any opportunity to stay in pjs all day and watch tv. However, it’s the Dawgs vs. the Tide. It’s a tossup.

I’ll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment