Monday, September 3, 2012

Slip Cover Part 2

Folks: I learned a lot while crafting my slip-covers.

1. I learned to buy ALL of the supplies that you need BEFORE you start your project. If you are like me....you will spend more money going back and forth to Lowe's because you don't know what you are doing.

2. Make sure that you man is indeed asleep as you don't want him harassing you while you craft. Especially if he is an engineer.

3. Don't be afraid to cut your fabric. I was afraid to cut. But, you must to move the project along.

4. Don't freak out when you realize that your painter's drop cloth is 2 different textures. Word from the not-so-wise: go to the fabric store and buy your material. Don't use a painter's drop cloth......unless it comes out cheaper.

5. You may want to iron the fabric before you start this project. Otherwise, you will have to wait 3-4 days for the wrinkles to fall out.

6. Buy some glue. I started off with "No-Sew" craft glue and finished with a spray adhesive glue. MUCH BETTER!!! However, the spray stuff "ain't no joke."

7. Buy pillows to throw on your new chairs. You may need them like I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment