Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

I love pasta.

Really, it's carbs in general.

I especially enjoy chicken spaghetti. My previous neighbor made me a believer in chicken spaghetti. And I'm forever grateful for that.

A year ago- I stumbled onto the Pioneer Woman's recipe.

And it changed my life when it comes to chicken, cheese and pasta.

However- I took her recipe and made it into the Sandra Lee version (or Meg Jones. whatever). Plus- it's pretty much close to clean eating as you can have chicken spaghetti be!

Here 'ya go. And you are welcome.

Ingredients:
(1) box of spinach spaghetti noodles
(1) rotisserie chicken
green, yellow and oragne bellpeppers
small jar of pimentos
cream of chicken (I make my own)
chicken broth (I make my own)
shredded cheese

Directions:
-cook pasta according to directions
-pull the rotisserie chicken apart and put in a large bowl
-saute' the bell peppers and pimentos (with butta')
-after the peppers are good and sweaty.....wisk in the cream of chicken
-then delute it with the chicken broth
-when the noodles are cooked, drain, pour back in a LARGE mixing bowl and pour the pepper mixture  over
-add at least 1 cup of cheese. I normally add 2 cups.
-Pour in a casserole dish, top with more cheese, pop in the oven to warm again and BOOM! Chicken spaghetti.



Tips and Tricks:

-As you can tell, I'm not great with measurements. I add where I see fit. It's how the Walley's cook.
-Chop all of your bell peppers then freeze what you don't use. You should divide the peppers in half.
-The Pioneer Woman wants you to boil your own chicken. Negative. I'm not doing that. We all remember how that turned out last time. 
-This makes A LOT of chicken spaghetti. But that's ok.....this is the perfect recipe for you to make for friends that you need to provide a meal for AND feed your family.
-To make your own chicken broth, simply boil the "scraps" of your rotisserie chicken in 4-5 cups of water and whatever spices your heart desires. BOOM! Chicken broth.

2 comments:

  1. I might never make it but I enjoyed reading about it! The only chicken spaghetti I've ever had is the kind with rotel tomatoes in it and I really don't care for it. This sounds really different. I may give it another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw The Pioneer Woman's recipe.....I thought the same thing......but once you make it.....you'll never go back to the 'old' way again! It's so fresh and tastey!

    ReplyDelete