Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

So I sorta took a break from the 'ol blog while I was home for Christmas. 
It wasn't an intentional move on my part.....but rather, I was simply too busy to blog! 

Projects while home for Christmas:
-Watch Downton Abbey. All of it. 
-Watch Scandal. From the beginning. 
-Paint the nursery. My baby daddy actually did this one. 
-Order baby bedding. 
-Order nursery curtains.
-Organize the nursery closet. 
-Clean my closet.
-Clean the guest room closet. Obviously, my closets needed cleaning. 

I'm happy to report that all of my projects are finished! Which is why I didn't have time to blog. 
I'm ashamed to think about the amount of tv that I watched. It's so bad that our internet company emailed and said that I used 80% of our usage. I don't even know what that means. 

Downton Abbey- I can't handle Matthew's death! Someone should have warned me! I set up in bed and screamed at the computer! I'm pumped for Sunday night! The DVR is SET. So is my English accent. 

Scandal- I want Oliva Pope's wardrobe! Also- the show sorta lost me there for a minute. It's Grey's Anatomy in White House form. The drama. Oh the drama! Apparently you are not important unless you have a burner phone. 

Anyway- We had a great Christmas, ate great food and and put the great mess back up in the attic! 
I didn't take the 1st photo of people during Christmas. I only have photos of my doggies. #fail

I've been thinking about my Resolutions for 2014. Here's what I've come up with:

- Write more handwritten thank you notes/birthday cards/etc. 
So far, so good! I purchased all of my birthday cards to mail through March. 

-Do a small project each night during the week. When I say project, I'm simply meaning: straighten my closet, sweep the kitchen, vacuum the rug. I tend to wait for the weekend to do all of my house cleaning, then I'm mad that I'm spending my Saturday dusting and cleaning house instead of shopping, etc. 

- Have a baby. I should nail this one. 

- I want to write down a birth plan. Not necessarily how I will give birth, that's been narrowed down to 2 options for me......but rather, I want a plan of action of how to handle the peanut once we walk in the door! I want to start with Baby Wise.....and remind myself that if my child has formula, all will be ok in the world......

I don't want to shoot the moon here........so I'll leave some options open to add other resolutions. A dear friend said her resolution was to "pull her life together." That's too broad for me. There are areas that I can't even commit to. I can't commit to a certain # of books to read this year. Or to make a crockpot meal once a week. Or to memorize scripture or commit to volunteer work. 

I'm gonna stick with my 4 tasks and see where it leads me. I don't want to overachieve or anything. 

Happy New Year everyone! 

Cheers to a fresh start and a new planner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment