Friday, October 10, 2014

Ah, Hail State

So, we are going to the game tomorrow. 

And it is going to be glorious. 

I'm sure that you are here to read about my baby's 4-month fun facts, but those will have to wait until Monday. Just know that he is growing and talking and smiling and eating. AND, he is slightly sad that he isn't going to the game, but once I told him that he is going to Granna and Pop's house, he perked right on up. Last time I dropped him off with the grandparents, before they could put him in their car, dad was telling him "Come on Jax, let's go to Wal-Mart and buy you something."

Seriously....I just wished they loved him a little bit. 

Ok, let's talk about this:



In the words of my sweet late Grandfather: Well, Goodness Gracious. 

So- last week during our 'cool snap' I picked out my outfit. It included tights and boots. That's a big negative now. Since it's gonna be hot as blazes, I have to do a quick manicure for the flip flops that I'll be wearing. Thank you Mississippi weather. You are a delight. 

You know what else is a big negative: me leaving at 5:30am to be on campus to watch Gameday. I love the Bulldogs, but I don't love Kirk Herbstreit that much. If we leave at 5:30 with our friends, that means that I have to set my alarm for 4:15 and sleep in my maroon shirt and rollers in my hair. Negative. 

This game has me so nervous that I just wanna walk in the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Since most of MSU's games are determined in the 4th Quarter, this would save my nerves a little. 

I will have to borrow Jax's cowbell for the game. Y'all. I'm just so nervous. I'm so nervous that I haven't talked any smack at all about this game. None. Zip. Nada. Just typing out this blog post has my stomach in knots! 

I did however make a friendly bet with my neighbor who happens to be an Auburn fan and fantastic baker. AU wins, I bake something chocolate for her.......if State wins, she bakes my favorite dessert that she makes. Because at times I am superstitious, I thought about going ahead and buying the ingredients. If I go ahead and make the cake, State will win. That is the way my luck goes. So, knowing that.....I may stay up until midnight tomorrow baking a chocolate cake in a maroon shirt while ringing my cowbell after I mix each ingredient. 


For your viewing pleasure:



If I have flour on my maroon shirt on Saturday, please let me know or just brush it off. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so nervous too! Like pits in my stomach! May the best team win! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete