Tuesday, June 23, 2015

DIY: Picnic Table Re-Do.



You know I love a good bargain. 
I love to find something, clean it up and make it new again. 
Case in point: 

I previously blogged about finding this gem in the deep woods of Greene County, MS while helping my dad with his hunting blinds.

 The thing about Greene County is, you just don't know what to expect. 

You may very well see a wheelbarrow full of mustard greens on the side of the road where you take what you want and leave your money in a rusty old coffee can, or pull up to the gas station and tell the attendant to put your purchase on your parents "ticket."

 It's certainly a hidden gem......just like this picnic table that my dad was hesitant about hauling home on top of his golf cart. He even offered to buy Jax a new one as he was hoisting it up. I may have then spouted off something about this one now has character and turning it into a blog post. 

I digress.

In my most dramatic flair, I made dad stop his camo golf cart and sling the table on the top of the cart. 

After dad delivered it to my house, the work began:


I decided to paint the sides navy blue. Then, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased some vinyl fabric 40% off. I had no idea what I was really doing, so I asked the clerk helping me to go ahead and cut 3 pieces. I have learned, the less I have to cut, the better off my project will be. 

Then, I pulled out the bottle of spray glue. 

After pulling my fingers apart........

TA DA! 

And to continue to make Greene County proud.......I present to you, my High School colors. 


Clearly, Jax is trilled over his mama's crafty work. 


Thank goodness he doesn't mind to sit at a table that has been rained on for 20 years and survived Katrina! 

It's-Great-To-Be-A-GCHS-Wildcat! 
Anyone remember that cheer?!? 
You are welcome for me sticking it in your head for the rest of the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment