Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday.


I can't even deal with my nerves right now. BFF Katye and I have started a joke about how there MUST be a camera crew watching us and someone is BOUND to jump out and say "you've just been punked! Here's your million dollars!!" 

While I'm not going to advertise her shenanigans, I will share mine. 

Every week something happens that sends me into a full blown panic attack. Every.Week. 

Ummm....hello lizard. 

This week, it was when the fire alarms went off at 1:30 a.m. AND THEN AGAIN at 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning. 

Why must crazy stuff happen to me?! Why can't they orchestrate their false alarm at say, 12 noon and not while I'm in a dead sleep dreaming about making perfect Pinterest projects? 

So, at 1:30 a.m. when I thought we were under attack or something,  I almost went to the deep end. I finally settled my nerves down around 2 a.m. when I put Jax in the bed with us. This was not a good move on my part. I realize the error of my ways here, but, I had good logic. 

Meg Logic: IF in fact the fire alarm did  pick up on an actual fire, or smoke, etc.....and we then silenced the alarm, I want my baby to be on our side of the house. Therefore, I lugged big buddy to our bed. 

When the alarms went off AGAIN at 3:30 a.m., my logic proved to be ok. HOWEVER, it was once again another false alarm. Insert literal yelling here. 

Between our 3 bodies, we spelled out the letter H. Then Z. I do not recommend this. Next time, big buddy will just have a pallet party on my side of the bed. On the floor. 

Going back to sleep after the 2nd false alarm was pretty much Operation No Go for me. It's amazing to me how men can just shake it off. My brain doesn't work that way. 

H is all: "False alarm, it's ok. Go back to bed." (insert snoring here)

I'm like: "HOLY HECK! We almost died! We need a better plan than me running around the house screaming! What's our plan? I can't sleep without a new plan! Go look in the attic and see if there's a fire! Do you think there's a fire? Oh gosh! I burned a candle earlier today, but I blew it out at 5:30 pm. Do you think it's from that?!"

To calm my nerves, I read a book from 4 am-4:45 am. THEN, big buddy kicked me for the 764,392 time in the bladder and decided to start our day at 5:45 a.m. 

Umm, the last time I saw 5:45 a.m. was my last day of work. 
Mama just ain't doing that anymore. At least gimme until 6:30

I needed to make a quick trip to Hattiesburg yesterday.


We left our house dressed and fed, ready to go at 8:30 am. We were so early, the garden center at Lowe's had not even opened their doors. We were the only customers in Hobby Lobby. I had to wait for ToysRus to open. Of course my sleepy head baby enjoyed his nap in the car on the way. 

Because I like to solve problems immediately, and I refuse to let a false alarm finish off my nerves:

How about those for some thoughts. I bet you clicked here to read cute and sweet updates on Jax. 

Well, here's an update: Jax-1, Mom-0. 


  1. I'm in hysterics at your description of how this all went down, but I'm not at all laughing at you. I never would have slept afterward either. So thankful it was a false alarm both times. Darn those little suckers anyway.

    1. Patty! I thought all of this was BOUND to be a sick joke! I still haven't put the smoke alarms back up! I'm still too shell shocked.