Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday......

Testing.....1...2...3...

Is this thing even still on?!?

This whole SAHM gig' is exhausting. It will literally create voices in your head. 

Below is a conversation that happened today. In my head. 

Me (talking me myself): I think I'm ready for another baby. 

Voice in my head: You know you would have to give up napping when Jax naps. 

Me: I think I'll wait on the baby. 

If I didn't know 100%, I would totally think I was pregnant. I could nap ALL.OF.THE.TIME! 
I'm not a night owl, so I'm normally asleep by 9pm. Yesterday am, Jax woke up at 6:30 am and it totally rocked my world. And his apparently. 

Sweet buddy fell asleep while eating his lunch. 



In other non-related news, I'm reading a book titled The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst. It is like this book was written for me. This little line stopped me in my tracks: "A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul."

And THAT pretty much describes me when I was juggling a full time job and trying to keep up with a baby and husband and dog and dinner and friends and house chores and life. (I acknowledge this run-on sentence)

Lysa's book is about saying 'yes' and 'no' and making the 'yeses' count. 

Lysa also writes, "The decisions we make dictate the schedules we keep. The schedules determine the lives we live. Our lives determine how we spend our souls. So, this isn't just about finding time. This is about honoring God with our time."

OUCH! How much of a reality check is that! 
This is such a good reminder to me when I feel overwhelmed with our day to day lives. 
God provided me with my new job as a SAHM and I need to honor him with my time. 

Hello Reality Check. You hurt. 

Moving on, the Joneses are recovered from all manners of sickness. AND, our house has been bleached from all sicknesses. It's just not clean unless bleach is poured on it. 

My sweet, crazy, large, loud family will be hosting their 2nd Annual Family Fall Festival next month. It's sad at how excited I am for this. My family is the reason I want a house full of babies. It's so nice to have such a large family that you can host your own festival of just your people. 

Random note: I don't cook as much for my people anymore. H has a lot of work dinners and big lunches that take away from my weekly menu plans. To be totally honest, I haven't menu planned in a month. I generally buy our staples for the week then cook big on the weekend. When I say 'big' I mean a slow cooked roast or steaks or chicken spaghetti or stuffed chicken. Those are my favorite       'go-to' meals. Ya' know what else is my favorite......the Mexican restaurant. 

Blog words cannot adequately describe how happy I am about the Fall Shows coming back! Scandal and Grey's.....I'm looking at you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment