Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Update on Dad

I literally do not have words left. 

I open my mouth and nothing comes out. 

Because I'm completely numb, I'm simply copy and pasting the words from my Aunt Lisa:



This was one of, if not the best time the three of us, Brent, David and myself, have ever had fishing together. 

Not because we caught a lot of fish, but because this man was in rare form.

 We laughed ALL day. 

It was definitely a Red Letter Day!! 

It was on this same day while driving home we were doing what old folks do, we started talking about our ailments. Brent said, " I'll tell you my latest thing, I've got noises going on in my ears that others can't hear!! It's a swishing noise!" 

Of course we kinda laughed it off. 

The next day, on my barn porch, I began to pray for him. 

I knew his symptoms could be serious. I made double sure our Lord knew exactly how I felt about Brent and I asked Him to fix him. 

Days passed, then weeks passed. 

He started having bad headaches, waking up with headaches. Then he started walking different. 

The whole time I'm begging him to go to the doctor and I am praying fervently. In case you don't know this, Brent Walley can be stubborn. 

His plate is always full. 

He has at least five or more things going on, on any given day. He doesn't like to disappoint and has a very hard time saying "no". 

By now his family is well aware that something is wrong. Now we are all trying to get him to go to the ER. 

Finally after stumbling into work Monday morning, he called Eleanor to come get him and take him to the ER. 

She did. 

After tests, CAT scans and MRIs, we got the news we did not want to hear. Brent has two brain tumors and a spot on his lung. 

He will be undergoing surgery tomorrow to remove one of the tumors that is causing major swelling, which is causing his symptoms. 

We will know more after surgery. 

We are a praying family. We are a believing family. 

This has been placed in our Lord's hands, and while beyond sad, we have peace. You know, that Peace that passes ALL understanding.

 I think by now all of south Mississippi and parts of Alabama are lifting Brent up. 

There are no words to tell you how thankful we are for that. You know I will keep you posted. Brent is a Christian man and either way, come what may, he wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment