Friday, January 9, 2015

2014 Year Wrap Up

2014 will always hold special memories in my heart.

I started off the year being pregnant and ringing in January by announcing to our family that our sweet baby will be a BOY!

The months between January and June went by fast and fun! My dear friends hosted the most amazing baby showers and kept the FedEx man busy with baby deliveries.

The month of June arrived.

This was literally the moment that have waited for.

We were about to meet Jaxon Riley.
His birth was so sweet and special that I would do it again. Today. Right now.
I never want to forget the feelings that I had while in labor.

The month of July was Jax's unexpected stomach surgery. It was scary but necessary.

August, my brother tied the knot and gave me a sister. We had a blast celebrating their big day!

September, I went back to work. I had good days and bad days. There were days where I totally rocked being a working mom.......and there were nights where I went to bed defeated and knew that I had not contributed all I could at work or with Jax. I think all moms struggle with this on a daily basis........and I have to keep reminding myself that.

October was Jax's 1st Halloween! So to celebrate, he threw a Halloween party for his friends!

November- Jax gave his parents the flu the week of Thanksgiving......all while he had tonsillitis.

December- Jax struck again with the flu.....this time the week of Christmas. It's a good thing that Santa never gets sick because he still came and visited Jax.

This year has flown by. I don't think a year of my life has gone by as fast of 2014.

2015 is going to be so much fun watching Jax grow up and learn new things. I'm dying to take him to the beach and pool!

In order to get this year kicked off- here are my resolutions:

1. Give it to Jesus. For Christmas, I received a new devotional that I have already started putting to use. The goal is to finish the devotional this year.

2. Stay organized. Y'all. My Erin Condren is already full of menus for 2015, notes for Jax's first birthday party, Christmas gifts that I have already bought, a page for our Christmas budget AND my check list for our upcoming trip to MEXICO! At times, I ROCK at being organized......and other times, I just want to order pizza and burn my planner.

3. Frozen has helped me with my next resolution: Let.It.Go.
In 2014, I learned the hard way that people are the way they are and there is nothing that you can do about it. Therefore, instead of dwelling on it and constantly blaming them.......just let it go

Focus on your own family. Focus on what you can change. Focus on the good. Focus on God. Let it go.

A lot of people resolve to give up certain foods.......but I can't. I love all of the food. I don't want to let go of any of the food.

4. H and I made financial goals that we are actually excited over. This is a big deal for me since I NEVER get excited over financial goals. As soon as you start talking about your money and what you want to do with it, something breaks or the tires need replacing, etc. So this year, we just made goals through March. We will host another 'budget committee meeting' in March and make another set of 3 month goals. If all goes as we have planned and as we have written out in my planner, we will be debt free next month. 

Once that happens, pending no more car repairs or unexpected expenses, I'll write a blog post on how we made it happen. 

Happy New Year er'body. 

This time next year, I want to look back and say that 2015 was everything that I wanted it to be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment